2013-05-06

iMessage

Because I encounter crashes or weird behaviour almost daily on my computer, I decided to blog about it. In the first place to get some piece out of it, maybe to help others, and it might be fun to read also.

Today Messages.app is my antagonist. No more iCloud messages come in since this morning.
I naturally logged out, using the Messages.app preferences. After that, logging back in is no longer possible. After a 30 second spinner I get:

"Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again." the alert prompts me.
So I checked my network, everything works fine.

I've quit Messages.app, restarted, no fix.
I've rebooted the computer, retried logging in, no fix.

I've run Charles HTTP Proxy, and can't see any traffic when starting logging in to iMessage. It's not sure wether I should see anything there.

For now, iMessages stays broken.

EDIT: New day, new attempt. First I found this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1525106
No help for me there, my hosts file is normal and my computer a real mac (no hackintosh).
After failing twice, Messages has me now logged in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment